Hello again! It’s been a while since I’ve posted here (actually since the 17th July and it’s now September.) I could bore you with excuses (school work, revision for exams etc.) or even tell you that my plan to have two weeks off kind of resulted in several weeks off but that’s a bit repetitive. Instead, I thought I’d return by catching up on a few tags that I haven’t done and sharing my thoughts on a few things that have happened in the world recently.
This summer has been really great for my writing. I’ve just finished editing my book, THE ROMANTIC POETS CLUB, which has been a really enjoyable process. After having made myself a hurried list of all of the reasons why I shouldn’t worry about editing the book (I was quite unsure about the whole process) I dove into my messy manuscript hoping for the best. I’m happy to say that it went incredibly well and now I’m getting people to beta read for me. It’s daunting thinking of people actually picking up my book but also extremely exciting!
Tag time! First is a really exciting tag by ElizabethAnne called The Two Truths and A Lie tag. Basically, it’s based off of the game of the same name but in blog tag form. So, here we go.
Here’s how it works:
- Answer the three questions you’ve been asked. Make one of your answers a lie. Your readers will guess which one is the lie in the comments section.
- Ask your nominees three questions of your own.
- Link to your nominees’ blogs at the bottom of your post and message them to let them know they’ve been tagged.
The Questions (Look out for the lie!!!!!)
- What is your favorite summer drink?
I am definitely a smoothie person 🙂 This summer my brother made us all a banana smoothie (or milkshake- he added ice cream?) which was really nice, so I’d definitely say that!
2. What is the first thing on your bucket list?
I think it would be really cool to go see The Eiffel Tower, especially because I think Paris would be a really nice city to go visit. I’d love to take some photos of the city.
3. What is one thing you can’t leave the house without (besides the obvious)?
Well, at the moment a mask? 😉 No, not really! I’m not really someone who carries a lot of stuff with them, but I’d probably say a water bottle like ElizabethAnne did!
Which was the lie? Tell me what you think in the comments and I’ll tell you what’s right in my next post!
I’m not going to tag anybody, owing to my lateness (sorry!) but now we’ll go ahead to another tag, this time The Original Outstanding Blogging Award. Thanks Ribbon Ash!
- Provide the link the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5.) – The Original Post is here.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that pings-back the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
1. What sort of protagonist would you be? The fighter, the outcast, the anti-hero, the arrogant then turned humble, the one who makes a lot of bad decisions, the compassionate one?
Good question! I’d probably want to be the compassionate one? I like the idea of helping others though I don’t see myself as the fighter type of person.
2. What is one creative strength of yours?
Umm… I love writing but I’d also say that I like making posters and things as well?
3. Sunshine or rain for a superpower?
Well, my brother’s favourite weather ever is rain, though that would upset a few other people in my family. We get a lot of rain as it is these days, though, so I’d probably say sunshine!
4. Favourite number and why?
Definitely 8. I think I decided it was my favourite number at the age of eight (understandable) and it kind of stuck!
5. What is your favourite type of fictional character?
Probably any character that shows their flaws but also has some redeemable qualities like Anne from Anne of Green Gables.
6. What is your least favourite genre of a book/movie?
There’s lots of genres I don’t read/ watch (eg. horror/ thrillers) but out of what I do, I’d probably say sci-fi. I am a Star Wars fan and the occasional sci-fi is okay for me, but I’m not too keen on aliens etc.
7. What is your opinion of fairies?
Interesting question! As of yet, I don’t think I’ve given much thought to fairies full stop.
- How many times is it okay to reread a book?
- If you could have written one already published book, what would it be?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Are you more of a summer or winter person?
- What is your favourite song at the moment?
- What is one of your favourite blogs out of those that you follow?
- When is it okay to start listening to Christmas music? 😉
Thoughts + Random Musings
- Things in the world have been crazy since I stopped blogging. In fact, more and more the news has left me feeling sad. From police brutality and elections in America to the death of celebrities, we’re seeing a new wave of events that have been hard for many to process. In the midst of all of this, here are some things that I’ve really found helpful:
- A poem by Benjamin Zephaniah which is a modern reimagining of MLK’s ‘I Have A Dream’ speech.
- Articles on The Gospel Coalition, like this.
- Some ‘Protest and Praise’ songs here.
- On a happier note, this week sees me returning to school, trying to figure out what to name three new chickens (any suggestions??) and returning to blogging! Coming soon: how I edit my books + a conversation about the poet Rabindranath Tagore.
Thanks so much for reading this post! I hope that you enjoyed it, and if you did, I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Have a great week ahead, whatever it brings!
Which of my questions do you think was a lie? What is your favourite summer drink? Is there anything you’d like to see me talking about over the next weeks here?